How Cloves Heal Us

Cloves are great for your heart, digestive health, blood sugar, anti-inflammation and sexual health. The eugenol found in cloves may inhibit inflammatory progression in human cells, and IV infusions of clove has actually reduced lung cancer. Folk remedies use it for improving digestion, reducing flatulence, for coughing, and for teething or toothaches. It is a staple spice in many classic dishes in the US, India, Pakistan and China.

... Read More.

How You Can Set Smarter Goals

If you’re like many Americans, you craft goals with good intentions, but then watch them fade like an old dream. If you’re like me, wasting time and energy on things that don’t materialize is painful. Goals that fail erode your self-confidence. If you are ready to get laser-focused and crystal-clear about making your goals a reality, this article is for you. You will learn how and why to craft SMARTER goals.What are SMARTER goals? So glad you asked!

... Read More.

#7: Ten Toxic Ingredients In Your Personal Care Products

Personal care product labels can be misleading and confusing, costing or even harming you, the consumer. It might list that 98% of its ingredients as organic, but fail to mention the other 2% as toxic. As a consumer, how would you know which ingredients are safe and which are harmful? Many ingredients aren’t listed in blends, such as in fragrances used in perfumes, soaps and shampoos, because the information is considered a trade secret. But the secret information is often the cause of headaches, fatigue, irritability, and more.

... Read More.

#4: Give Your Meal the Sparkle Appeal

People eat with their eyes first. Are your meals delighting the eyes, or could they use some sparkle and shine? Lean into this conversation, where professional Food Stylist, Rachel Sherwood, unpacks tricks and techniques for making a yummilicious meal. She will help your meals (and mine) evolve from ordinary grub to an eyeball-ishious extravaganza. In this podcast, Rachel Sherwood shares her expert insights for making a pretty plate, including:

... Read More.

Awesome Road Trip Foods

When I was a kid, I remember taking a road trip with my best friend Amy’s family. It seemed so entertaining to spray cheese whiz into our mouths and chasing it down with soda. We munched on Keebler Elf cookies – the frosted kind – and Ritz crackers. When I grew into a mighty teenager and took road trips without parental supervision, I remember the car feast: candy, cookies, chips, and other convenient grub. GROSS!

... Read More.

#2: Seven Things You Didn’t Know About Watermelon

You could be enjoying watermelon SO MUCH MORE than you probably do with it’s delightful versatility. Let me share with you what I’ve discovered about the very special ways that watermelon loves you! Read the transcript here Reasons to love watermelon (in addition to it being delicious!): May help lower your risk of colorectal cancer; When consumed with other foods high

... Read More.

How Bacteria Are Bringing Sexy Back

Bacteria are vindictive, life-sucking demons who must be shunned with every antibacterial scrub and spray made available. At least, that’s the conventional wisdom to date. Thankfully, news is leaking out of a surprising, life-supportive relationship with bacteria. Yep, I did say it: bacteria supports life all over, inside and outside, of your body. Many of you already understand that bacteria is a huge topic, and I don’t want to insult those of you who are already savvy.

... Read More.

Starve Cancer With The Right Foods

My childhood girlfriend was diagnosed with colorectal cancer, stage III, at 30 years old. Her nurses were shocked at her story because she had this terrible disease at such a young age. Most people diagnosed with colon cancer are at least 50 or older. Nonetheless, Chelle is strong and spirited, and the nurses who help oversee her chemo love and adore her as though she were their own family member. I join these nurses in being deeply concerned for Chelle – and for others with cancer – and in praying for her full recovery.

... Read More.
1 2 3 4